My main goal is to build a trusting and supportive relationship with each runner I coach. I’m here to do more than fill out a training plan. I provide ongoing support and encouragement via regular check-ins throughout the training process. I strive to help each runner find the balance within training and life that allows for steady volume and purposeful workouts week after week. Frequent communication via email, text, and phone calls is critical, because it gives me the necessary feedback to create and adjust the plan as needed.
I work with you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, and then create an individualized training plan that builds on those strengths and weaknesses. I study the details of your goal race so that we can have an ongoing conversation throughout training about what to expect in terms of terrain, elevation, weather, and race day fueling. As the race draws near, each run will be geared towards meeting the demands of your goal race.
I’ve been coaching cross country at the middle and high school levels since 2013. Accolades include a Middle School Conference Championship, 6 runners selected to All-Conference Teams, and one high school runner winning Conference Runner of the Year. I also help coach Nashville Running Company’s RunWILD Trail Training group.
In the summer of 2018, I started coaching runners on an individual basis. I’ve coached trail runners with goal races ranging from the half-marathon to 100 mile distance.
Races I’ve coached athletes for:
- Massanutten 100 Mile
- CCC 100k
- Lookout Mountain 50 Mile
- Looking Glass 50 Mile
- StumpJump 50k
- Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race
- Natchez Trace Trail Marathon
- Beacon Rock 25k
- Help you find joy and fulfillment through training and racing by providing support, encouragement, and feedback.
- Improve fitness and performance over time through consistent volume and quality workouts.
- Be resistant to injury by completing ancillary exercises and communicating so that the plan can be adjusted as needed.
- Prepare you for all race day variables (terrain, elevation, weather, race day fueling, logistics) by studying, discussing, and training for each unique demand.
- $100 a month
- You complete a questionnaire so I get to know you and your goals.
- I create a long-range plan (example below). This overview provides a monthly breakdown of what areas we will target to get you ready for your race.
- I create the short-range plan (example below) at the beginning of each week after getting your feedback on how the previous week went via email, text, or phone call (whichever you prefer).
- You record how each run went in the spreadsheet.
- I check the training plan multiple times throughout the week to see how things are going. You can email, text, or call at any time with questions and concerns. I’m also here to readjust the plan if surprises come up and you aren’t able to run as planned.
- Race day arrives and you are prepared to crush your goals!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or have any more questions.
“I really appreciate the weekly feedback and you taking your time to answer my many questions and reply to all of my comments. I looked forward to your replies and it kept me focused and motivated. You really know a lot about running, the human body, nutrition, hydration, and how it all ties together. Thank you for working my training around and for the goal races I had on my calendar. You did a great job of ramping me up and tapering me for some great races which I achieved PR’s in distance, elevation, and time! My fourth-place finish (age group) and twelfth place (overall) in the Natchez Trace Trail Marathon was really cool and not attainable without your coaching! I appreciate your care after the race and advice for recovery. It meant a lot that you asked how my body felt the days following the races and provided me with tips to recover the quickest!”
“After running my first 5k in March of 2018; I caught the running bug (that is so contagious) and decided that it would be a great idea to take the plunge and signup for a 50k in October of 2019. After speaking with Ryne about my goals (get faster, run farther, finish an ultra, etc) we decided to work together to turn my #1 goal of finishing an ultra into a reality. Ryne was able to keep me motivated during the dark days of training for an ultra. On top of creating a weekly training plan (tailored to my constantly changing scheduled) he helped with my nutrition (that was non-existent), with all of my blister issues (he provided tips and tricks to deal with my princess feet), and most importantly how to stay motivated when its 99 degrees and 90% humidity and you’re scheduled for a 5 hour run. He also taught me many important things that I wasn’t expecting, like the importance of not getting distracted by data, not to worry about pace all of the time, and to remember why I run. My purpose of running the 50k was to run farther than I ever had and to finish with a smile. On October 12th I finished my first ultra and I ran across the finish line with a smile on my face. Ryne is a great running coach with a wealth of knowledge, he is a friend that cares about how your day is going (not just about your run that day), and he coaches to make sure you are completely prepared for your goals.”